Thursday, July 25, 2013

Liberty and tradition for Rome?

Hello CivFanatics, I'm wondering if those two trees could work for Rome because it's ability favors going wide, but with having a powerful capital. There's a couple of specifics I'm not sure on:

1: Does the wonder boost from Aristocracy apply to all cities? If Rome is always building buildings another high production city might be a good idea for wonders.

2: Does Oligarchy apply to all cities? A couple of times when my main army is of fighting on one side I get backstabbed on the other side of the empire, having free units everywhere would be great.

3: In BNW I sometimes end up struggling for money at the start, starting off with Tradition up to Landed Elite and Monarchy might help me find my feet before expanding. Then maybe go straight to Collective Rule and start expanding.

4: If I can't generate enough faith from starting small, could I use Liberty's great person to spawn a prophet to found a religion and pantheon at the same time? How likely is it that you'll get locked out of a religion with all f the Civs taking Piety now? If not I guess it makes more sense for Rome to take someone else's religion anyway.

5: How does the glory of Rome stack with other production bonuses like the Piety opener (half-speed for shrines), or Aesthetic's Cultural Centre (50% faster).

6: Could it be a good idea for a empire to go wide with policies too, and buy those production boosting policies, more faith from Organized Religion, cheaper roads with Trade Unions etc, but actually completing relatively few trees?

Edit:

7: If I'll be getting that free settler much later would it be a good idea to build one before then? Or would having one super capital be good enough until expanding with Collective Rule?

8: Use Legalism for a free monument in the capital? Or build one before hand to get the free amphitheatre?


Last edited by SicklyAlbatross; Jul 25, 2013 at 02:10 AM.

Source: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=503753&goto=newpost

dexter dexter Jim Kelly gabrielle union Andrea Bargnani Bart Strike 2013 ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment